- THE GREY GHOST -
THIS BIKE WAS BASED ON A 1980 YAMAHA XS650G
This bike had a super solid motor (160 on each cylinder) that only had 4000 miles on the clock.
The bike was completely dismantled and several frame modifications were done to accommodate the CBR rear sets and other aspects of this type of bike.
The MAG wheels were bead blasted but left raw for a more industrial look.
All the frame components and other parts were bead blasted before being shot with a custom color.
The painting was a three stage process with metal etching primer, 2 color coats and four coats of clear.
The tank on this bike is a stock tank that was very clean inside and has been re-painted gloss black using the same three stage process.
The bike has a lot of new and custom parts including:
• New Avon tires
• New cables...speedo...tach...clutch...throttle
• New H-4 head light
• New gaskets
• New filters & fluids
• New Kevlar brake pads
• New stainless steel brake lines front & rear
• New KYB shocks
• Newly re-built free flow exhaust system
• Re-jetted Mikuni CV34 carbs
• New European low slung cafe bars
• New custom cafe seat with embossed Yamaha logo
• New soft rubber grips
• New aluminum clutch lever
• CBR front master cylinder assembly
• CBR rear master cylinder assembly
• CBR aluminum rear sets
- THE LIST GOES ON & ON -